1. Definitions and characteristics of cookies
Cookies and similar technologies are information that websites and apps send or read on your devices at the first visit, to then be re-transmitted to the same websites and apps on the next visit. Thanks to these technologies, sites and apps remember actions and preferences (such as, for example, login data, chosen language, font sizes, other display settings, etc.) so that they should not be set again at the next visit.
These technologies are used to perform computer authentication, session monitoring and storage of information concerning the activities of users accessing a service and may also contain a unique identification code that allows users to keep track of the user's navigation within the site for statistical or advertising purposes.
On the contrary, your prior consent is required for non-anonymous "analytical" cookies and for profiling cookies, ex. those that provide statistical analysis on the use of a website or that create user profiles to send advertising messages in line with the preferences users expressed during browsing.
2. Types of cookies used by the Website and the possibility of de-selection
While browsing the Website, you will receive the following cookies:
Technical cookies, third-party cookies, ie cookies from websites or servers of third parties and therefore different from those of Kestrel Logistics S.r.l.: listed below are the links to their privacy policies and opt-out mechanisms.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of our website and are used to manage login and access to the website's reserved functions, in general to speed up, improve or customize the services provided to users. The duration of cookies is strictly limited to the work session (when the browser is closed they are deleted) or can be longer, aiming to recognizing the visitor's computer. Their deactivation may compromise the use of services accessible by login, while the public part of the website normally remains usable.
- Analysis and performance cookies. These cookies are used to collect and analyze traffic and usage of the site anonymously. These cookies, even without identifying the user, allow, for example, to detect if said user returns to connect at different times. They also make it possible to monitor the system and improve its performances and usability. The deactivation of these cookies can be performed without any loss of functionality.
- Profiling cookies. These are permanent cookies used to identify (anonymously or not) user preferences and improve their browsing experience, in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user while surfing the net. Our website does not use them.
- Third-party cookies. While visiting a website you may receive cookies from both the visited site ("first party"), and from websites managed by other organizations ("third parties"). An example is the presence of "social plugins" (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, etc.) to share content on social networks. The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The management of the information collected by "third parties" is governed by the relevant regulation to which reference should be made. To ensure greater transparency and convenience, for each of these websites, a link to such regulations and methods for managing cookies is reported, in addition to the possible denial of consent to the installation of cookies:
Youtube .com - multimedia content
Google.com - web services
(statistics and profiling): https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/
Google Analytics - web services
(statistics and profiling): https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
Moreover, should it be too difficult to identify all the third parties, in particular for the profiling of your preferences, the following links are available:
Management of cookies: the user can decide whether to accept cookies using the settings on his or her browser. Attention: the total or partial disabling of technical cookies can compromise the use of the site features reserved for registered users. The setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. Furthermore, the best browsers allow you to define different settings for "first-party" and "third-party" cookies. As an example, in Firefox, through the menu Tools-> Options -> Privacy, you can access a control panel where you can define whether to accept the different types of cookies or proceed with their removal.